The Museum of Flight
- Aeronautical Science Pathways video for a new education program (September 2016)
- “A Treasured Legacy” education article (August 2016)
- “Getting the Big Picture” education article (April 2016)
- “Something Big is Coming” video storyboard, interviews and art direction for the Inspiration Begins Here! Campaign community gifts phase (March 2016)
- 8-page Inspiration Begins Here! Campaign feature (February 2016)
- “Inspiration Begins Here at The Museum of Flight!” campaign feature (November 2015)
- “The Power of Giving: Igniting the Spark of Inspiration” donor profile article (November 2015)
- Inspiration Begins Here! campaign website creation and maintenance (October 2015)
- “The Power of Giving: Memories Create a Lasting Legacy” donor profile article (September 2015)
- “The Boeing Academy for STEM Learning” education article (July 2015)
Aloft Magazine – The Museum of Flight’s bi-monthly member magazine. Author and copyeditor.
- Volume 38, No. 6 (November/December 2016)
- Volume 38, No. 5 (September/October 2016)
- Volume 38, No. 4 (July/August 2016)
- Volume 38, No. 3 (May/June 2016)
- Volume 38, No. 2 (March/April 2016)
- Volume 38, No. 1 (January/February 2016)
- Volume 37, No. 6 (November/December 2015)
- Volume 37, No. 5 (September/October 2015)
Freelance Writing, Editing and PR
- Materials Matter with AIA Seattle (October 2016-February 2017)
- Getting to Zero with AIA Seattle (June 2015)
- Press package for the CD release party of Seattle band Kings of Cavalier (April 2015)
- Website, social media, and RFP editing for Bonfire Art, Design and Culture (January 2015)
- Website copy for the 8-Bit Weather mobile app (December 2014)
- PR for the Phoenix Festival, a TwispWorks benefit event for local wildfire relief (October 2014)
- AIA’s Seattle Design Festival Susan Szenasy event review (September 2014)
Tech Writing certification, Bellevue College
- Website maintenance manual for Bonfire Art and Design
- User guide for goPeople mobile app prototype
- Usability test website to measure how intuitive WordPress is for new users
- Style guide for standardizing the KEXP Music Matters newsletter
KEXP 90.3 FM, KEXP.ORG – a nonprofit listener-powered radio station of Seattle, formerly KCMU, the student radio station of the University of Washington. Author and editor.
- Whipped Cream and Other Delights (November 2013)
- Make Your Mark and Help Build KEXP’s New Home! (November 2013)
- 2012 Annual Shareholders Report (October 2013)
- Breaking New Ground Together: the Campaign for KEXP’s New Home (July 2013)
- Amplifier Love Week 2013 (June 2013)
- Capitol Hill Block Party Flyaway 2013 (June 2013)
- Civic Pride: The Fabulous Sounds of the Pacific Northwest (May 2013)
Music Matters newsletter – the monthly newsletter for KEXP. Author and editor.
- Music Matters: A Year of Great Music (December 2013)
- Music Matters: Gratitude, Gravy and Great Music (November 2013)
- Music Matters: “Rock & Roll” Saves Lives (October 2013)
- Music Matters: You Made This a September to Remember! (September 2013)
- Music Matters: Vote for the Top Albums of the 21st Century! (August 2013)
- Music Matters: You Make Summer Sizzle (July 2013)
- Music Matters: You Make Summer Sound Sweeter (June 2013)
- Music Matters: Iceland, Amplifiers, and Twelve Hours of Awesome! (May 2013)
- Music Matters: Better Sounds for a Better World (April 2013)
OSP Magazine – an online trade publication for telecom networks. Ghostwriter for Angela Bennink of NoaNet, a client of Cocker Fennessy.
- Over the Rivers and Through the Woods: How a Non-Profit Telecom Company Connected Rural Washington State with Fiber (September 2013)
Sustainability Matters newsletter – the quarterly email publication of Glumac, a West coast green engineering company. The newsletter is sent out to professionals in the green building industry such as engineers, architects and contractors. Editor, author and photographer.
- Susan Szenasy of Metropolis Magazine Visits Portland to Talk Green Building, Issue 27
- Charging the Future with Electric Vehicles, Issue 27
- Glumac Commissions the UCSF Institute for Regeneration Medicine, Issue 26
- Glumac Introduces Construcion Services, Issue 26
- Glumac explores Green Building in Toronto, Issue 24
Ecotone Publishing – a division of the International Living Future Institute, this Pacific Northwest publisher produces books that focus on sustainable design on both local and global scales. On-site co-editor.
Oregon Insider – a monthly news publication for environmental management and regulation in the Pacific Northwest. Author and co-author.
- Oregon Convention Center: the Convention Center that Challenges Convention, Issue 469 (September 2011)
- The Vancouver, WA Hilton Hotel: Pioneering the Elegant Side of Efficiency, Issue 467 (July 2011)
Sustainable Business Oregon – a publication of the Oregon Business Journal that covers local news and issues at the intersection of business and sustainability.
- Oregon Convention Center: the Convention Center that Challenges Convention (August 2011)
The Zweig Letter – a publication of Zweig White, a marketing publication for architects, engineers and environmental planning professionals worldwide. Co-author with Steven Straus, president of Glumac.
- Green: Under promise and over deliver, Issue 906 (April 2011)
Crosscut.com – Pacific Northwest nonprofit online newspaper run by David Brewster, founder and editor of the Seattle Weekly. Author and photographer.
- LEED-ing the way to sustainability (August 2008)
- Review: Faith and mental illness on Seattle’s streets (July 2008)
- When it comes to energy consumption, what really drives change? (June 2008)
- Folklife ’08: Seattle folks are the life of the festival (May 2008)
- Vancouver, B.C., loses some ground as a sustainability leader (May 2008)
STIR Magazine – the student-funded publication of Clark University dedicated to life, culture and style. Editor, author and photographer.
- Volume 5, Issue 2 (Spring 2010)
- Volume 5, Issue 1 (Fall 2009)
- Volume 4, Issue 2 (Spring 2009)
- Volume 4, Issue 1 (Fall 2008)
- Volume 3, Issue 2 (Spring 2008)
- Volume 3, Issue 1 (Fall 2007)